what YOU can do

Find out what the individual has taken and the quantity. If you feel it is an emergency call 9-1-1.

Try to find out what substance they are using and their source.

Discuss the dangers of substance abuse.

Have a conversation about why they feel they need said substance.

Let them know you are there for them - that your priority is to keep them safe. 

WHO can help

Seek counseling or mental health treatment specifically focused on substance abuse treatment, counseling, and education. 

  • Private therapist

  • School counselor

  • Call a local or national hotline 

  • Reach out to a social worker

  • Contact another licensed mental health worker  

Medical or Emergency Care

A clinic or emergency healthcare provider is able to evaluate and determine the appropriate level of care. The patient will go through a medical screening process so medical providers can determine the best treatment based on the patient’s needs. This may include referral to a mental health professional or hospitalization.

Carbon County Connect Coordinator Contact Information

(406) 446-2820

All businesses and services listed are independently owned and operated. The Red Lodge Area Community Foundation does not endorse or guarantee any services provided and cannot be held liable for any claims/damages that may arise from services rendered or from agreements between the client and professional.