top of page

someone may be being ABUSED or NEGLECTED

what YOU can do

Gather information.

Ask how you can help them.

Ensure the individual's immediate needs are met. ​

Let them know you are there for them - that your priority is to keep them safe. 

Make yourself personally available for when they are in unsafe situations. 

WHO can help

Call Child Protective Services if the individual is a child and you believe they have been abused. 


Domestic and Sexual Violence Services serves Carbon and Stillwater counties. DSVS serves individuals, families and communities impacted by physical, sexual and emotional abuse and to promote healthy, equitable and violence-free relationships. 

Medical or Emergency Care

A clinic or emergency healthcare provider is able to evaluate and determine the appropriate level of care. The patient will go through a medical screening process so medical providers can determine the best treatment based on the patient’s needs. This may include referral to a mental health professional or hospitalization.

bottom of page